Welche Röhrenverstärker fur Fostex FE206e

Immer wieder beliebt. Auch die Hörner wollen besprochen werden.

Moderatoren: Tubes, Moderatorenteam

Antworten
ChinTube
Neuling
Neuling

Welche Röhrenverstärker fur Fostex FE206e

Beitrag von ChinTube »

Hello,

I’m looking for suggestions (is there a better place…) for a tube amplifier that’s a recommendable match with FOSTEX FE206e drivers.

I’m asking first because I cannot listen to the Fostexes as I still have to build the cabinets, then because I’ll probably be moving out of China soon, and want to buy while I’m still here.

On a side note, I build BIB’s this winter for Fostex FE126e. Wow what a sound, and so much bass from a little driver like that !!

For the FE 206e I’m thinking to build Jericho’s or one of the other 2, 3… most recommended/feasible enclosures of that approximate size.

Music wise, I listen to a bit of everything, but mainly a lot of jazz, classic, pop, rock.... at normal sound levels. From listening experiences I tend to choose the 845/211’s.

With the Fostex FE206e in mind however, I was hoping to learn more about alternatives to the 845/211 amps to drive these.

M
Tubes - a remedy for sound pollution
ADausF
nicht mehr Neu
nicht mehr Neu
Beitrag von ADausF »

Hello Chin Tube,
For the Fostex FE 206 ...the most important is... to have a good enclosure.
The FE 206 eN is perhaps on of the best Fostex Fullrange drivers, for me.. the Sica 1100i (or the new Model with Cast Frame) sounds much better.
The good news for you... you can use both drivers in one enclosure.
And ... For the Fostex...you must create a crossover for the peaks... I think the Sica can play without a crossover. ( the new SICA model better as the 1100i)

to your question...
I love the sound from my EL 84 SE in combination with Fullrange Drivers more than others Tube Amps. It´s a Penthode solution. The EL 84 sounds fast and very good.
A Pair of Speakers takes 500 Euro... the EL 84 too. This is same level.
Perhaps needfull and wanted.

It´s a question of combination and optimize the two things for your ears.

Andreas
Webshop: www.Vintage-Sound.eu
Email: info@vintage-sound.eu

Gewerblicher Teilnehmer
princisia

Beitrag von princisia »

Hello M aka Chin Tube, :beer

once I could listen to the Fostex FE 206 in Jericho enclosure. They were powered by a Destiny EL 34 Pull-Push amplifier.
To my ears the music sounded sleepy, boring and had no atmosphere. That was my only negative experience with a fullrange loudspeaker.

Because years ago I pretty much liked the sound of a friend's pair of Fostex FP 203 in recommended horn. They were driven by a Russian Preboy tube amp. That combination sounded very "live-like" with rock and jazz music. However, it could not play classical music due to strong unnatural coloration: The sound was grammophone-like everytime I tried classical music. But if you prefer Rock and Jazz, the combination could fit well.

Could anybody listen to the new Gradient "Axis" fullrange speakers allready? They come in a 5 '', 6 '' and 8 '' version. Udo Wohlgemuth recommends hornreflex cabinets for them.

http://www.acoustic-design-magazin.de/s ... 48b98b8e55

Enjoy your search and keep exploring. Please write about your exeriences.

Best regards, :OK:

Pit
Suche von Tonstudiotechnik Funk, Berlin: Kabel etc (alles anbieten)

Bisschen Bass und Kickdrum liebe ich, luftig reine Höhen liebe ich. Und in den Mitten, da spielt die Musik.
ChinTube
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von ChinTube »

Andreas, I will keep the 84's in mind, the word "fast" sounds attractive!

Actually, i will have another listen to them while visiting Sinovt somewhere in the coming weeks, i live about 45 min away from their workshop. I'll probably be taking my blaudio pastorals with me, who knows the bibs haha, to see where we get and most of all like.

For the enclosures, ill see where i can eventually listen to some 206 diy cabinets when i settle in my new location. The house and room ill be living in will play some kind of role too in choosing what to build etc... Yes, its kind of a long term process hehe

@ Pit, hi, and sorry to hear about your only bad experience... Kind of strange though with the credit this speaker is owner of, maybe not such a good match?

:beer
mb-de

Beitrag von mb-de »

Hello M,

I have to say that on the numerous occasions I had the chance to listen to FE206e in various enclosure, it did never really 'touch' me.

I once had the intention to buy it, attracted by its reputation - but listening convinced me that that the speaker was not for me.

It seems a matter of taste... therefore I wish you luck with taking the right decision.

Kind regards,

Micha
===
---
What is worth dying for, is worth killing for...
ADausF
nicht mehr Neu
nicht mehr Neu
Beitrag von ADausF »

Hello,

if you can/want to build a EL 84 Amp.....
Welter Electronik offer a very good set for a EL 84 PSE with 15 Watt.

http://www.welter-electronic.de/bausatz ... stufen.htm

Now... in this moment.. I listen to a Fostex speaker. And this is my favorit for less money... The FF 125 K in the BK 108. Better than the FE - e(N) types.

IF you want to take/ build a 8 Zoll Driver...take the Sica. Not the FE 206. It´s a cry cube ( Brüllwürfel :mrgreen: ).

Up to 200 € / piece, you can´t found any better driver as the Sica 1100i (or the new with Cast Frame!!)

regards
A.
Webshop: www.Vintage-Sound.eu
Email: info@vintage-sound.eu

Gewerblicher Teilnehmer
ChinTube
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von ChinTube »

@ Micha, goede morgen...

As you where planning to buy, I did buy the 206'es based on their reputation. Time will show if i like the speaker I guess; did like them in the fostex cabinet which is recommended for the 208 i think. I should check that again...

@ Andreas, Sinovt doesn't use the 84 in any of their amp configurations unfortunately :cry:

On a side note: i have never build an amp myself, but can solder etc. Do you think its feasable to put an amp together following the plan and then let it check by a qualified person before switching it on? I'm a little bit afraid that there's a lot of measuring etc to do, which i'm not good at...

Still, can learn and could ask my brother in law to help. Building it by myself is much more rewarding of course :weed:
Yoda-ohne-Soda
Honourable Member of RuH-Society
Honourable Member of RuH-Society

Beitrag von Yoda-ohne-Soda »

Hi ChinTube,
ChinTube hat geschrieben: Do you think its feasable to put an amp together following the plan and then let it check by a qualified person before switching it on? I'm a little bit afraid that there's a lot of measuring etc to do, which i'm not good at...
Hounestly, I would highly recommend the above named procedure... :OK:
Gruß
Frank

RuH e.V. Mitglied
ChinTube
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von ChinTube »

Frank, you are pushing me in the direction of these, after all they are coverall aircrafts :mrgreen:

hxxp://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinovt.com.cn%2Fshowoneproduct.asp%3Fairid%3D178&lp=zh_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Then again, these are a tad more dangerous (understatement of the day...) to deal with while DIY-ing with the dangers these beast are running on :roll:

Anyone any ideas on the 300/2A3 switchable amp from the same company, is that a good idea by itself? I think the purists hate it hehe. The low power does sound good considering the 96db 206'es though.

:bumping: :bumping: i'm very exited to visit Sinovt soon :bumping: :bumping:
princisia

Beitrag von princisia »

Hi M,

babelfish has an inbuilt entertainment guarantee - as far as you are not involved in the consequences. :mrgreen:

Best regards,

Pit
Suche von Tonstudiotechnik Funk, Berlin: Kabel etc (alles anbieten)

Bisschen Bass und Kickdrum liebe ich, luftig reine Höhen liebe ich. Und in den Mitten, da spielt die Musik.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Horn-Lautsprecher“