Entwicklung der Röhrenfans in China

Hier gehts nur um Verstärkung, egal welcher Art.

Moderatoren: Tubes, Moderatorenteam

Antworten
DynamikON
Stammgast
Stammgast

Entwicklung der Röhrenfans in China

Beitrag von DynamikON »

Anbei ein Auszug aus einem Posting in den USA:
I might be speaking out of place here. Here is my 2 cents. Take this for what is worth.

I worked in China from 2000 - 2005 as an expat in a high tech field. I had offices in Guangzhou and Shanghai and travelled throught Hong Kong quite a bit.

I am of Chinese descent but grew up and schooled in the midwest. Been involve in audio since the late 70s.

While in China, I had the chance to listen to many Chinese products at length from Shanling, Cayin, Mingda, Consonance, etc...before they flooded the US.

I met occassionally with the audiophile community in Guangzhou - we had a weekly meeting. The epicenter of audiophilia in China is Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou. Shanghai was catching up in 05. The audiophiles in China are very sophisticated. They are heavy into tubes and vintage american stuff such as WE, ALTECs and JBLs. I heard great great stuff over there, mostly from the DIY community. WE300Bs are the King of tubes and 2A3s are queens. 805 and 845 based amps are quite popular, followed by EL34s and 6L6s. KT88/6550s not as much.

Audiophiles in the orient are obviously into asian music. Music preferred by Chinese audiophiles are midrange-centric. They put a premium into tones, details and soundstaging. Gut wrenching bass and loud music are not so popular. My Black Sabbath disks were not well received. They did like my Patrician barber stuff. It was an interesting exchange in musical taste. I bought a lot of Chinese audiophile stuff there. All recorded with tube mics, preamps etc...they sound great!

I say this because Chinese tube amps are voiced for music preferred by Chinese. That is great if female singing and acoustical instruments such as erhu and peipa is your cup of tea. They do occasionally listen to heavy drum music. You can find some of the stuff from musicdirect and acoustic sounds. You can see this by noting the western brands that so well in the asian audiophile community: Harbeths, Spendors, Quad ESLs, Rogers etc. I saw my first pair of Klipsch speakers in CHINA in 05 - it was a pair of La Scala Is in a used shop.

Many of the Chinese tube amps are implementation of classic western designs.

So when you buy a chinese tube amp, make sure your sonic priorities are aligned with the Chinese. If you like heavy rock and roll, they may not work so good.

I was not too impress with any of the Chinese solid state stuff. I bought one to use in my office, They look great but sound mediocre to me. I hear they have greatly improved in the last few years.

Chinese speakers suck - including the ones loaded with Lowther drivers. The only exception was one company that produced Proac clones for 30% of the Proac price.

I wanted to bring home Chinese electronics because they were so much cheaper than here. Besides the ones from big electronic companies, there were many DIY/clones of classic western designs (such as MACs, CATs, etc.). I ultimately settle for a 2A3 based SET amp and a EL34 based integrated amp.

My advice: listen before you buy.

----------------------------------------------------------
Kwing Y Lee

Aus meiner persönlichen Erfahrung weiß ich, dass die Japaner auch in diese Richtung gehen.

Einige US-Händler behaupten, dass bei ebay nur B-Ware verkauft wird. Was sollen sie auch anderes behaupten, da ihre "A"-Ware doppelt so teuer im Laden steht.

Es gibt noch einiges neues dieses Jahr.
Mehr Leistung, mehr Ausstattung.

Gruß

Oliver
Ich habe jetzt etwas Besseres zu tun.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Röhrenverstärker“