Welcher Tuner

Wenn die Musi aus dem Äther kommt

Moderator: Moderatorenteam

Mel*84
Honourable Member of RuH-Society

Beitrag von Mel*84 »

Ich dachte eigentlich, dass er teurer als mein 2245 war. Gut, ist wirklich schon lange her. 8)
dr.matt
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von dr.matt »

Hallo,

ich möchte hier kurz meinen Yamaha CT 7000 B vorstellen.

Ein paar Bilder:

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/CT-7000.jpg (A-Version)
http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/CT-7000a.jpg (A-Version)

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/CT-7000b.jpg
http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/CT-7000sch1.jpg
http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/CT-7000sch2.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-CT-7000-VINT ... dZViewItem

CT-7000 Tuner; Bj.: 1974-1977; Preis: 1200.00 Dollar

CT-7000B Tuner; Bj.: 1976-1977; Preis: 1250.00 Dollar

Hier nun ein paar kleine Umschreibungen:

I'll state it flat-out: the Yamaha CT-7000 extracts the best sound
from an FM signal that I've yet heard. But I must say that I've not yet auditioned
the big ol' Day Sequerra's (hard to find in good condition), or the top Dynalab
tube model, both of which probably would give a good accounting of themselves.

But for anything near "sane" prices, the CT-7000 is IT. This tuner is packed with
useable features, is ergonomically well-thought-out, and has amazing reception
abilities. And again - the sound with any station it can pull in - weak or strong - is
excellent.

If you find one in "good" or better condition, I suggest you jump on it
immediately. When it was a current model back in the late 1970's, it retailed for
$1200., so anything less than that amount today I would consider to be a steal
for a functional unit. I'm sure you can double that retail figure for a current model
today, and not have equal or better performance than the CT-7000 will give you.
Just make sure that it's in alignment and up-to-spec, as you would any "vintage"
gear.

This is my "last" FM tuner, at least until it dies and can't be repaired anymore.

A beautiful, solidly built (29 pounds) analog tuner with the best sound our panelist Eric recalls ever hearing in his system, surpassing (among others) the top Kenwoods and Sansuis. The CT-7000 is particularly impressive at the low end. It is a pure audiophile tuner in stock form, with poor adjacent channel selectivity even in the Narrow IF mode. Our contributor David “A” reports: “The CT-7000 has a 7-gang tuning capacitor (two gangs in front of the first MOSFET RF amp, two in front of the second MOSFET RF amp, two in front of the MOSFET mixer and one for the bipolar local oscillator). It uses 7 IF filters, a mix of ceramic and LC types. The IF would be relatively easy to modify for increased selectivity, but I would wonder why anyone would want to since the CT-7000 is oriented toward sound quality and the IF choices were made in that vein. Further, one of the major reasons for the sound is the characteristics of the wide IF (the only 18 dB alternate channel selectivity makes this perhaps the widest Wide mode ever in a quality tuner). The CT-7000 uses a discrete MPX decoder. The tuner design seeks fidelity (and to a lesser degree RF performance) but in my opinion, after owning most of the top tuners, it's not in the top 5 for RF or audio quality. The quieting curve is very steep (although not as steep as the Kenwood 600T and 650T or Pioneer TX-9100), but the absolute signal-to-noise ratio plus distortion is well behind the best. I also find that the stereo separation and distortion are very good (especially for the age of the tuner) but again not up with the very best (high-frequency distortion and pilot leakage are more of a problem than the separation). The CT-7000 owes part of its sound quality to its flat and extended frequency response, but mostly to the ultra-wide IF and limiter choices which were made based on signal fidelity. Given the tuner's current age, a stock unit will be badly in need of replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors and a good alignment. The CT-7000 is not the best choice for DXers because of the lack of front end/overall selectivity, less than ideal RFIM characteristics and the presence of AFC. Overall, I prefer a Yamaha T-2 (with all polar and electrolytic coupling caps replaced and aligned perfectly) for sound quality (although not in the bass), or a Yamaha T-85 for DXing if one is predisposed to Yamaha tuners. What you do get with the CT-7000 is perhaps the best construction quality ever offered in a consumer tuner as well as a unique aesthetic look that some people love. For the money, the top Kenwoods are much better tuners (and better buys) from an RF perspective, especially when modified. And for sound, tuners like the Accuphase T-106 eat the CT-7000 alive! [By no means a universally held view. - Editor] Also, I don't like how Yamaha implemented the AFC in the front end of the CT-7000, or the fact that it has AFC at all. I found no overall problems that are likely to make the CT-7000 unreliable over time, but it is a pain to replace all of the electrolytics and realign it for best performance (if you own or buy one make sure that whoever aligns it will take the time to go through it carefully for best performance).” The CT-7000's features include a headphone output jack with level control, switchable muting with an adjustable threshold, and a signal meter that doubles as a multipath meter. The rear panel has fixed and variable audio outputs and multipath outputs for an oscilloscope. Most recent CT-7000s in good condition have sold for $700-1,000 on eBay, but as low as $500 is possible in poorer shape and as high as around $1,200 is possible for a mint one. One CT-7000B sold for $516 in 12/04.

Review: Yamaha CT-7000 Tuner

I've had this tuner for a year now and it continues to amaze me. From college radio to our classical station to ultra-compressed classic rock stations, the tuner delivers a broad, deep image (two things quite important to me), with detail and tonal accuracy from lows to highs. To aid reception, I went with a $10 Terk antenna and it is more than sufficient to bring local stations in at full strength. Does it sound as good as a CD? That depends on the CD, but usually not. CD's usually trump the tuner when it comes to high frequency accuracy, something particularly noticeable if you attend to the decay of a cymbal. Also, image depth isn't as pronounced as with my Arcam Alpha 9, nor do subtle details come through, e.g. distinct voices in background vocals. But we're talking radio here, and stations do a good deal to the signal before it hits your antenna. So one can't lay all this at the foot of the tuner. Suffice it to say that the tuner is totally involving, so while I'm listening, I don't find myself wondering what X would sound like on CD. Also, I don't listen to the radio to hear what I have on CD. Instead, I listen to hear what I don't, and for that purpose, particularly with regard to classical music, it complements my system very well, standing on its own among some solid equipment. In closing, two tweak discoveries, and a question. The background quieted when I ran the tuner through my line conditioner. Also, it was responsive to different cables. I came to favor the LAT over the Kimber Hero and the Tara RSC Prime Gen 2. I'm curious whether anyone has upgraded the RCA inputs, and with what results.

Liebe Grüße,
Matthias
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Moin,

die Auktion für den Technics läuft in 3h aus, der Preis ist momentan noch HAMMERGÜNSTIG!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ST-9600-Der-beste-Tu ... dZViewItem

Bild

Grüße
Martin
If music be the food of love, play on. (William Shakespeare)
Gotenkoenig
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von Gotenkoenig »

Habe versucht mal mitzubieten.
Aber der Preis ist in den letzten Sekunden wieder mal explodiert.
Laut Tunerinfo bei den meisten Auktionen zwischen 130 und 190$.
Diesmal wars deutlich mehr vieleicht sogar viel zu viel !?

Teja
"....wenn ich einmal reich wär.....dididididididum...."
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Hi Teja,

der Preis ist jenseits von gut und böse.

Neues Spiel, neues Glück:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Technics-ST-9600-Hig ... dZViewItem

Achtung, nach meinen Infos ist das Springair.

Der Tuner hat allerdings einige Lackkratzer an der oberen Frontplatte.

Grüße
Martin
dr.matt
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von dr.matt »

Hallo Martin,

ist korrekt, hier handelt es sich um Spring-Air.

Wobei aber 189 Euro ist Superpreis ist, wenn der Tuner wirklich klanglich so gut ist, wie hier gesagt.

Nur so als Vergleich, die CT-7000 ging schon für über 1300 Dollar über den Tisch.

Liebe Grüße,
Matthias
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

dr.matt hat geschrieben: Wobei aber 189 Euro ist Superpreis ist, wenn der Tuner wirklich klanglich so gut ist, wie hier gesagt.

Hallo Matthias,

das kann ich nur bestätigen, er war mein erstes selbstgekauftes HiFi-Gerät. Als Auslaufmodell von DM 2000,-- auf 1200,-- runtergesetzt und er hat mir über 20 Jahre gute Dienste geleistet.

Grüße
Martin
Gotenkoenig
Stammgast
Stammgast

Habe jetzt zugeschlagen.

Der Sansui TU-717 für 180 Euro incl. Porto. Nicht gerade billig auch nicht zu teuer aber ich hoffe er ist es auch wirklich Wert.
Grüße Teja
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Der Preis ist eher an der oberen Grenze, fall er aber gut erhalten ist und nicht noch zusätzliche Arbeiten anfallen sollte das passen.
Probleme gibt es nur mit den Skalenbirnen, die gibt es nicht mehr.
Falls es da Probleme geben sollte melde Dich.

Grüße
Martin
rubicon
nicht mehr Neu
nicht mehr Neu

Beitrag von rubicon »

Wer bei springair kauft, hat immer die Katze im Sack. Hoffe für dich, daß du deinem Geld nicht hinterhertrauerst. Bei denen würd ich nicht mal nen Bleistift kaufen. Hatte schon mal das "Vergnügen"... :shock:

Gruß
Franz
"Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum..." ( F. Nietzsche )
Mel*84

Beitrag von Mel*84 »

Ich habe von diesem "Verein" nur sehr schlechte Meinungen gehört.
Darüber hinaus, machen die ihr Geld durch Abmahnungen und dieses in einer ganz üblen Weise (eBay).

Einfach mal googlen........... :wink:
Was nützt die beste Hardware, wenn man an den Tonträgern spart!

Liebe Grüße
Thomas
rubicon
nicht mehr Neu
nicht mehr Neu

Beitrag von rubicon »

Bei ebay ist springair schon des öfteren abgemahnt worden, weil sie sich als Gewerbetreibende privat kaschieren und mit wechselnden Namen auftreten. Das müßte sich eigentlich herumgesprochen haben, daß sie unseriöse Geschäftspraktiken haben. Aber jedes blinde Huhn pickt gelegentlich ein Korn.... :D

Gruß
Franz
"Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum..." ( F. Nietzsche )
Gotenkoenig
Stammgast
Stammgast

War wohl etwas mißverständlich.
Ich habe den Sansui von einer Priv. Person über Ebay gekauft. Nicht den Technics von SpringAir.

Ja, von denen hab ich bisher auch nicht viel gutes gehört. Man kann Glück haben beim Kauf aber wehe man hat Probleme mit dem Gerät dann .....

Teja
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Hallo Teja,

was macht der Sansui? Zufrieden?

Grüße
Martin
Gotenkoenig
Stammgast
Stammgast

Ehrlich gesagt habe ich ihn noch gar nicht angeschlossen.
Räume mein Wohnzimmer gerade mal wieder um. Die Anlage ist z. Z. in alle vier Ecken des Hauses verteilt.
Nur bei meiner Faulheit und Trägheit wirds wohl noch bis Weihnachten dauern bis alles wieder steht und auch funktioniert.

Bis dahin habe ich auch wieder Geld um endlich einen SACD Player zu kaufen. Das Project schieb ich auch schon seit März vor mir her.
Wenn ich mehr Infos von Besitzern eine Cayin SCD 50T hätte , wäre eine Bestellung Richtung Fernost schon draußen. Bisher habe ich noch nicht mal einen Cayin Händler in weiter Umgebung gefunden der ein Gerät zur Vorführung hat.

Aber danke der Nachfrage. Ich werde zur gegebenen Zeit mal berichten.

Gruß
Teja
Thargor
Inventar
Inventar

Beitrag von Thargor »

Moin!

Habe mir auch einen Sansui TU-9900 gekauft. Von einem Ebay-Neuling (für 355,-- EUR), das sollte in Ordnung sein. Bin mal gespannt, wie sich der Tuner anhört *freu*.

Mal gucken wie sich meine Antenne unter dem Dach so macht.... ist glaube ich nicht so der ideale Aufstellungsort dafür... :oops:

Viele Grüße!
Viele Grüße von Guido, dem langsamsten Barkeeper der Welt! :drink:

Wann war Dein letztes Live-Konzert?
Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Moin,

Glückwunsch Thargor. Super Preis! Bin noch am suchen, sobald ich die Pläne hab schick ich sie Dir zu.

Je besser die Antenne, um so stärker läuft der 9900 auf. Allerdings ist selbst mit einer sauber ausgerichteten Wurfantenne ein SEHR guter Empfang möglich.

Grüße
Martin
Thargor
Inventar
Inventar

Beitrag von Thargor »

Hmmm... wollte mal zur allgemeinen Belustigung beitragen. Das mit den Plänen hat sich erledgt, Martin. Trotzdem Danke. Meine Frau hat ihr Veto eingelegt... "Nimm den Klotz da wieder weg, igitt! Was soll das denn, sonst hast Du dir nur hübsche Geräte gekauft...." toll, jetzt steht das Ding hier und ich kanns wieder auf Ebay einstellen..... das gabs noch nie, sie hat noch nie (!) irgendetwas zu meinen Geräten gesagt.... :twisted:

Werde mir in der nächsten Woche dann mal einen Opera Reference 1.0 Tuner ausleihen. Der klingt bestimmt besch..... sieht aber gut aus und hat eine Röhrenausgangsstufe.

Mit genervten Gruß....

PS: Optisch ist der Sansui 99%, nahezu perfekt..... Mist.

Thargor
Inventar
Inventar

Beitrag von Thargor »

So, da der TU-9900 hier immer noch "rumsteht" mal ein Bild vom Innenleben - sieht gut aus :wink:

Bild

Erzkanzler
Graue Eminenz

Beitrag von Erzkanzler »

Hi Thargor,

der sieht tatsächlich noch spitze aus.
Keinerlei Korrosion zu erkennen, anscheinend auch kein "Nikotinbefall".

Grüße
Martin
Antworten

Zurück zu „Tuner“